Finding the right person to do your hair and makeup can be a nightmare! Trial after trial can leave you feeling really stressed and put a dent in your budget.
We at the style lounge have put together a check list for making sure you look fabulous from the start of your big day to when you eventually fall into bed at the end of the night.
1. Choose the right hair style for your dress. If you have a lot of detail on your dress, try opting for a more simple hair style.
2. If you have long relatively straight hair be care full if you want it down and curly. Chances are the weight of your hair will gradually pull the curls out over the course of the evening. The weather can also affect how long your hair will stay curly too. Humid weather is awful for down styles, so think about an updo.
3. Look at photos of styles. Get a good idea of what you want before the trial. This way the stylist will be able to advise you on any changes if your hair isn’t suitable.
4. For makeup, less is definitely more. You want your photos to be on show for a lifetime. By opting for a natural look you don’t run the risk of hiding your photos away because of a makeup craze that may have looked good at the time, but may not stand the test of time.
5. Choosing a professional makeup artist is a must. Professionals use the correct tools and trusted primers and cosmetics ensuring your makeup stays put all day and all night.
6. Relax! If you have planned your hair and makeup just sit back, sip champagne and enjoy getting ready for the best day of your life with friends and family that mean the world to you!